Monday 6 July 2015

There's Always a Reason Why.....



 Maybe it's about time we finally turned the table and stopped blaming the horse for it's behavior. I'm sick to the teeth in seeing these "fix a horse" videos and articles that frankly have no common sense and stroke the egos of the wannabe big wig trainers out there. Don't tell me your horse is being bad and ship him to the "trainer for 30 days"....that's not solving YOUR riding issues which caused the communication issue in the first place. Horses by nature don't wake up in the morning and have an agenda to give a rider a difficult time. I think it's about time people thought about the horse instead of themselves. The horse reflects the rider.....

There's Always a Reason Why..... Don't put any gadgets from my bit to the saddle to correct my head position....there's a reason why I can't work your way. Perhaps you think that I should keep my head in one place....there's a reason why....maybe it's because you can't sit on my back in a way that I can balance you and me......there's a reason why.....you can't sit correctly on my back because I can't carry you...there's a reason why....someone has not taught you how to sit right, and understand my movement....there's a reason why.... I can't obey your wishes, as I have no idea of what you are trying to ask me....there's a reason why.....you don't understand me........there's a reason why.........you don't understand how your own body communicates to a horse..... how can you understand me?
I don't come out of the barn and decide to give my  rider a hard time.....there's a reason why.....I'm not comfortable with that fancy bit you have shoved in my mouth......there's a reason why.....did you see how my mouth is formed? A float is fine and dandy, but does that bit actually fit me?  There's a reason why I can't relax when I work.....what's that hunk of leather you have on my back? There's a reason why.....it hurts when I move and I can't bend my body.....there's always a reason why....because I can't. Walk a mile in a bad pair of shoes and you will understand why. It does not fit.
Before you punish me, understand me. I have no ill intent. I will be your partner if you will be mine. Understand me, communicate with me and don't punish me for your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment